Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our favorite chocolate chip cookies (right now) are a tiny bit crisp on the bottom, but soft, chewy and delicious when you bite into them. These are the best ones I've ever tasted, and I'm not normally a chocolate chip cookie fan (GASP...I know...I know). So here goes-
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water (to dissolve baking soda)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips (we usually use dark or semi-sweet chocolate)
1 cup walnuts (crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time while mixing.
4. Next add vanilla.
5. Run tap water until it's hot and put 2 tsp in a small bowl. Add 1 tsp of baking soda and stir until dissolved. Add to batter and mix gently.
6. Add salt.
7. Stir in flour, nuts and chocolate chips. Mix just until combined.
8. Use small ice-cream scoop or two teaspoons to drop rounded dough onto cookie sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven (ours are usually perfect at 11-12 minutes).
Cookies are done when bottom edges are just golden browned.
They are absolutely delicious warm and fresh from the oven. These cookies freeze really well too. I just allow to fully cool, then put in freezer safe container and keep for as long as your willpower will allow. When you need (yes, it's a NEED people!) something sweet, just take out of the freezer and allow to thaw at room temp. Or you can heat for a few minutes in the oven or microwave for that just-baked cookie taste. Easily transportable and great for trips.