a.k.a.- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water (to dissolve baking soda)
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag (2 cups) white chocolate chips
1 cup of either walnuts, macadamia nuts (absolutely spectacular, but expensive), or cashews (crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time while mixing.
4. Next add vanilla.
5. Run tap water until it's hot and put 2 tsp in a small bowl. Add 1 tsp of baking soda and stir until dissolved. Add to batter and mix gently.
6. Add salt.
7. Stir in flour, nuts and chocolate chips. Mix just until combined.
8. Use small ice-cream scoop or two teaspoons to drop rounded dough onto cookie sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven (ours are usually perfect at 11-12 minutes). These ones will look pretty light on top, so watch them carefully until the bottoms are brown. They are perfect when top of cookie is still soft but bottoms are crispy. Mmmmmm.....